Winstar Properties is a full service Real Estate Investment and Property Management Firm that focuses on a long-term investment approach and engages in value enhancement, focused renovation, property improvements, and intensive management. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Winstar takes pride in maintaining a respectful and fun work atmosphere with superior training programs to encourage growth and development.
The Regional Manager supervises all employees within their portfolio (Area Managers, Resident Managers and Maintenance Techs). This employee is responsible for resident relations, overseeing maintenance functions and renovations within his/ her portfolio. This position is responsible to ensure operating system “Appfolio” is up to date always. The Regional Manager assures Property Managers are collecting, posting and bringing in and following up on rent payments; managing resident delinquencies, evictions and oversees the legal process. As well, this employee will hire and recruit for all portfolio personnel under the guidance of the Director of Property Operations. He/She is responsible to conduct employee training, and on- boarding of new hires as well compiling and ensuring the accuracy of monthly, weekly, and quarterly reports as required by management. Assist Director of Property Operations in meeting operational goals and budget guidelines.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct monthly property inspections and ensure properties meet all safety and local ordinances and maintain excellent curb appeal
- Complete accurately weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner and ensure accuracy before presentation to the Operations Manager
- Complete monthly market surveys, lease renewal matrix and ensure accuracy of all reports; submit and suggest market rate adjustments and submit to the DOPO and President for review
- Conduct meetings with on-site personnel on a routine basis and attend and participate in required meeting as required with senior executives.
- Managing legal cases weekly with counsel and update legal log weekly and in Appfolio and submit to Operations Manager monthly.
- Process evictions, which includes processing all paperwork, serving notices, and attending court hearings when needed, or when Manager cannot attend.
- Ensure all lease files and initial paperwork are uploaded in Appfolio and report any missing files to on-site managers
- Ensure all rent increases are submitted in a timely manner and in accordance to allowable annual pass-through on rent- controlled properties
- Hiring, training and supervising property personnel
- Oversee, approve and submit all Time and Attendance, Mileage Reimbursment , and Bonus sheets to the Operations Manager
- When needed, Regional Manager must step in and fill in for any empty position that needs to be filled within their portfolio until position is filled.
- Monitor staff performance, and complete annual performance reviews, motivate, evaluate assied personnel, and recommend discipline, terminations, promotions where applicable to the (DOPO)
- Ensure move-ins, move outs, renewals, and tenant status changes are in Appfolio in a timely manner. Input activity when needed.
- Complete deposit accounting in Appfolio within legal time frame of 21- days
- Monitors AP/AR functions
- Oversees and trains on all Marketing and Leasing efforts
- Oversees Unit Turns, Safety and Property Maintenace
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous residential property management experiences with knowledge of common terms and procedures
- Strong customer service skills and professional presentation
- Ability to organize and manage changing priorities.
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Gmail)
- Work independently, show initiative, exercise judgement, and make decisions without direct oversight or supervision.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Attitude for learning in a fast paced environment.
- Adapted to new technology learn new programs quickly and use computers to improve productivity.
- Clear written and verbal communication is necessary.
Education, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Education: College Degree
- 5-7 years’ experience in the Real Estate/ Property Management
- Appfolio experience or other property management software
Benefits and Perks
Full time employment includes eligibility to join our Group Health Insurance program, Vision Program, FSA (Flexible Spending Program) Program, Paid Time Off (8/year), Sick Days (6/year) and Holidays. It also includes eligibility to join us on the coolest corporate sponsored events/parties throughout the year!
Winstar Properties Inc. is an EOE/AA/Vets/Disabled Employer