Winstar Properties is a full service Real Estate Investment and Property Management Firm that focuses on a long-term investment approach and engages in value enhancement, focused renovation, property improvements, and intensive management. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Winstar takes pride in maintaining a respectful and fun work atmosphere with superior training programs to encourage growth and development.
We’re different from other companies. Other companies say that, but at Winstar, it’s true. We are just over four years old and fairly small, yet we are growing quickly, and that is as a direct result of our reputation for doing great work. We aren’t a 5,000 person company with dozens of corporate locations. You aren’t a faceless number to us. We treat our people like adults, because you deserve that. We’re a small business doing big things!
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and experienced Maintenance and Renovations Manager or Supervisor to take their career to the next level.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Managing, directing, and implementing maintenance and renovation strategies and objectives for a portfolio of value-add properties to ensure timely renovations of the property and company goals.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of Maintenance policies and procedures, including but not limited to supplies and inventory management and cost control, safety protocols, tool and equipment inventory and oversight.
- Will lead the day to day functions of the Maintenance Department as well as providing leadership and training to all the Maintenance techs across the portfolios.
- Identify, estimate, quote and negotiate all contracts and changes for all Unit Renovations and Capital Expense Projects
- Provides project and renovations report at weekly meeting with Director of Property Operations
- Ensures unit turn and renovations schedule is always met
- Responsible for troubleshooting and repair of main property systems or structures
- Ensuring that the physical assets are maintained according to the company's standards. Necessary preventative maintenance programs are established
- Responsible for operating within the property budgetary guidelines
- Recruiting, training, developing Maintenance staff and techs
- This position reports directly to the Director of Property Operations
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 4 years industry (multi-family) experience
- Ability to direct a staff of up to 4 or more
- Must be proficient in all areas of apartment maintenance including but not limited to, plumbing, electricity, painting, drywall, flooring, locks, appliances, pools, roofing, life safety
- Must have very good computer and software skills. Must be able to create informative spreadsheets with excel. Must be able to professionally put together budgets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and business corespondence skills
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented and able to wear many hats and juggle multiple items and prioritize where necessary.
- Must be able to implement and create efficient policies, procedures and best practices through-out the department
- Must be a go getter and doer and solution oriented
Full time employment includes eligibility to join our Group Health Insurance program, Vision Program, FSA (Flexible Spending Program) Program, Paid Time Off (10/year), Sick Days (6/year) and Holidays.
Winstar Properties Inc. is an EOE/AA/Vets/Disabled Employer